Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Value of Planning

Planning to some people can mean a lot of over thinking, going over pieces of information, anticipating events that may or may not happen. It is for this same reason that people tend to forget it.

Let me tell you this, planning is the difference between getting off a plane and going somewhere specific versus getting off a plane, taking a while to come out of the toilet and seating on a stool in the airport lobby. It is bringing an umbrella because you checked the weather app and you know it will rain. It is packing sandals for when you can't wear sneakers. It is a lot of things considered to make the best of a circumstance.

If you were from my country you would understand what I was trying to avoid when I took the first flight out of the city. Originally I had a meeting scheduled for the most part of the day. I imagined the air traffic and the actual traffic on ground and felt the need to book a flight early.

It's a four day trip with nothing planned. Last night I couldn't sleep. Thinking about what I'm going to do. I have no meeting to go to. No people to see. Nobody I knew. I was in a new place all alone. Its like the perfect adventure.

And I aim to make it just that. In a bit. After coffee. When the sun comes out. Actually not even. I just need it to be 5am so that establishments start to open and I can start doing something.

I'm writing this with people staring at me. Mostly cause it's a ghost town and I'm literally the only one here. While they make necessary preparation to make the airport look decent. I can hear them murmuring a foreign language I can not understand. I blink in response when they seem to address me. I've been pointed towards the exit several times but I just can't leave the comfort of this stool, lighting, ventilation and Wi-Fi.

Is planning important you ask? Definitely it is most definitely important. Next trip I'm doing a full on itinerary with time stamp and everything else!

Its a lot of waste when you don't. Not having planned on transportation and accommodation I'm probably going to have to book a room right now unsure if there are rooms available. I'm going to eat again in any place open to pass time. For when the sun is out and I can sight see.

Happy Eid to all my muslim friends! Enjoying this long weekend cause of you guys.

Xo,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment