Thursday, October 1, 2015

Rest is just as important as Work

TGIF meant very little to me. It meant close yo nothing actually. Until this week. Never have I thought that I would see a working week that looked like this. Where it starts at 6am and ends at 9pm. Hustling every minute of it.

Suddenly weekends meant more to me than anything. Weekends were developed historically to promote recreational activities and motivate workers to spend money. This improved the economy a great deal.

I don't know if the struggle is coming from my recent vacation. Maybe I'm not over staying at the beach and swimming with the fishes. Maybe its really just a crazy week. And maybe we don't need sleep. So while I accumulate baggage under my eyes, and pretended I am working hard to improve company standing, other people rest.

I take calls until 11pm and maybe I have been over working. It is my father's words that I go back to when I'm in such stressful hectic situation such as work. He said, "separate work from personal life. Strike a balance between the two."

I am excited for the weekend. I expect to have a wonderful lunch with friends and sleep long hours.

I hope that you guys value rest as much as you value work. Make sure to keep the fire burning. Rest when you should. Work when you should. Stay lovely.

Xo,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment