Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Trading in money for time

So you probably heard the sad news that I've decided to stop studying in a fashion school and prepare for my laws exam early next year. Maybe what you didn't know is that I died juggling work and school on weekdays. Sure they're 3 blocks away from each other but that doesn't help any. I remember going back and forth five times because I had to be in both places once.

And then it got me thinking, just how much do I value my time? And I factored in the company. Are they going to give me another raise? Or did I make the yearly quota? Being the finance girl of the company I know the position I'm in. And I need the time more than the money.

So similar to how you write a letter to your HR about getting a raise, its the same as writing to get more free time. Nothing final yet but I'm looking at a 3 day work week. I still have the same work load but I get the time to study. *wink wink*

Its all about negotiating. If you believe in yourself and how much you contribute to the company I think you can get anything you want.

Xo,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment