Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Value Added Services

Today I woke up with a certain irritation coming from an allergy, this made me lose sleep and occupied my hands for the most part. I was literally crying in bed. I did not want to go to work. It wasn't comfortable.

But I got up and prepared myself for work. I saw this guy I have had a crush on in elementary school, he's my neighbor, and I wanted to be swallowed whole by the ground. I don't like him anymore but being in a less than pleasant state I didn't and wouldn't be civil. I stopped by the drugstore before work to get something to numb the pain and give me some form of relief, but there wasn't any less strong that was being sold over the counter. (Cheers to people that helped.) I was literally crying because of that pain all morning before and the first few hours of taking the meds.

I got into a cab. Decided that it's an awful day. Internally cursing at the universe for the pain I'm going through. And as I pulled the ugly old cab door (I judged the cab. It looked awful okay?) close the driver greeted me with a smile, and a good morning, and offered mints and tissue. (He did see me crying and sniffling.) He and that moment 180 my day.

It is those tiny moments that get you through. These moments that put a smile on your face. These moments you recall after the day is over.

As a customer, and a merchant, we want to make sure we are able to give something more than what are customers are paying for. Is it courtesy? A smile? Being friendly? We earn from new customers. But its repeat sale and word of mouth that makes the company a success.

Xo,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment